PROTEST AGAINST SNP WIND POLICY: Perth, Saturday 20th October
The Government is convinced the overwhelming majority of the Scottish people supports its drive for ever more turbines.
If you object to how the Scottish Government is pursuing its policy wind energy, for whatever reason, please join people from across Scotland for the largest national protest to date.
Start: 11 am South Inch, Perth
End: Outside Perth Concert Hall when Alex Salmond is making his keynote speech at the SNP Conference
This will be a family-friendly procession, with children very welcome.
For more information,
visit our facebook page Protest against SNP Wind Policy
call 07590 994690
- Wind farms have little or no CO2 savings
- They are inefficient and uneconomic
- There is an increase in fuel poverty
- Industry is struggling to pay it’s energy bills
- Tourism is under threat
- Communities are being torn apart
- Developers are submitting inaccurate, misleading information
- The energy policy is in violation of the Aarhus Convention and it’s legality is being challenged
- The job promises don’t materialise or are wiped out by losses caused by green policies (Verso Economics report)
- Councils are under funded and have a lack of resources and manpower to cope with multiple, speculative applications
- People are suffering real medical problems
- Wildlife on the ground, in the sky and the seas are under threat etc etc etc
Your voice is the only way we can hope to halt this. Please support this initiative by independent campaigners, and join the protest in Perth on the 20th October.
Please bring your own leaflets and placards and banners highlighting your own particular plight, or showing how you feel about the wind farm policy foisted upon us all.
The protest will take place at noon at the Concert Hall. This will enable protesters to be in place when the SNP members come in and out for lunch. If Salmond is there his speech will probably be at 3pm if past conferences are anything to go by. It would be good to have a large gathering of people outside protesting while he is speaking .
Any ideas for slogans, chants, placards, banners and stunts will be much appreciated and can be made on the Stop St Andrews University Wind Farm Facebook page under Events or in postings. You will need to ask to join the pagein order to make a post. Alternatively an email has been set up email@example.com for you to use. If you are thinking of coming to the protest on 20th, please indicate on facebook, or email war.on.wind contact details so we can get in touch directly if there are any changes to the schedule and to enable us to keep you updated of any future events.
Only we can stop this. This is a war of their making and we have to up our game to have any chance at all of winning. Politeness and reasoned debate is dismissed by those that govern us. They are not taking us seriously.
Remember – To do nothing is worse
“A Nation of Sheep will beget a Government of Wolves.” — Edward R. Murrow